The Restaurant & Hotel Industry
Save Big Money in Your Fridge or Walk-In Chiller!
24 Hours a Day -7 Days a Week ... ... and most importantly, with no effort required by you.
The benefits to the hotel and restaurant industry come under three main headings:
- Energy savings
- Reducing the cost of foodstuffs
- Health and safety
For any restaurant to make a profit there are two main considerations, apart from the staff, to worry about; namely the cost of their raw material (their foodstuffs) and the energy required to turn that raw material into the finished product. No restaurant or hotel kitchen can survive without walk-in chillers and fridges to store their foodstuffs. HUMITECH Refrigeration Filters fitted in a chiller will guarantee a reduction in energy usage and a longer shelf life for all perishable products. Our unique mineral filters will provide some or all of the following benefits to your walk-in chiller or fridge.
Fresher Perishables, Improved Tastes
- Perishables remain fresher for longer ... ... reducing unnecessary costly wastage!
- Fruit, vegetables, and herbs retain their freshness and crispness for significantly longer periods providing better quality, weight, and visual appearance for the consumer.
- Meat, poultry and seafood products retain their natural juices providing juicier firmer cuts of meat.
- Odours are significantly reduced, reducing the transfer of odours and the risk of cross-contamination.
- Colder temperatures are consistently achieved
- Substantially reduces odours, moisture and surface bacteria.
- Excess moisture is all but eliminated from chiller surfaces, significantly reducing mould and bacterial growth risks.
- Keeps food fresher up to 12 hours after a power cut or chiller motor failure.
Temperature Control & Energy Efficiency
- Improves temperature management by lowering temperatures and reducing temperature fluctuations.
- Improves energy efficiency, reducing chiller run-times by up to 16 hours per week and power consumption by up to 20%.
- Reduces compressor re-cycle rates by up to 50%
- Reduces icing on compressor coils and enables defrost cycles to be reduced by up to 50%.
- Reduces equipment stress by reducing recycle rates of compressors by up to 50%, proving savings in maintenance costs and increasing equipment life span.
- Reduces icing on compressor coils.
- Absorbs up to 99% of acetic acid gases, significantly reducing coil deterioration and increasing coil life expectancy. Acetic acid gases are mainly released into the chiller environment from sources such as vinaigrettes and cleaning chemicals.
- Improves the workplace by providing a safer, drier, and cleaner chiller environment.
The SECRET is
in the Mineral!
What our customers are saying!
We have been running the filters now for about 12 months. The change has been very evident, the air in the fridges is a lot sharper and it is very noticeable when you walk in. We have had a lot less maintenance issues with the fridge and more noticeable the fans and condensers are a lot cleaner. Best of all the food in the larder, production and pastry fridges has stayed crisper and fresher for a longer period of time than before. Our salads are keeping longer and we have noticed the smaller micro salads stay crisper for longer during the night.
Danny Miller, Skyline Restaurant, Queenstown
We, as a restaurant business, benefit from buying slightly larger quantities of product, especially salad stuffs, herbs, etc. Since installing the panels, the quality of these products has remained constant for a longer period, which has resulted in us saving money through cheqper prices and also longer product shelf life, ie less wastage. ... In addition our running costs of the chiller have decreased ... ... the chiller maintenance cost is just 30% of previous years... ... We believe that Humitech filters have not only saved us money, but also ensured that the quality of our product has been maintained.
Mark Daniels, The Fuse Factory, Taranaki
Since installing the Humitech filters, we have been very pleased with the results. The chiller is now maintaining better temperature, it is a much more pleasant environment in which to work, and fruit and vegetables are all retaining freshness and appearance for longer periods.
Neil McComb, WINTEC Centre for Hospitality, Hamilton
... they have made a great difference to our fridge ... We no longer have the dampness of the walls and floor and we also don't have to wipe down our shelves as often as mould and bacteria aren't present ...
Gordon Campbell, Willow Park, Auckland
I have found that product stays fresher longer thereby eliminating wastage and loss and the need to purchase daily, giving me more time to concentrate on running an efficient kitchen. There has been a huge reduction in the level of odours in the chiller, I have also noticed that the temperature and the overall environment of the chiller is very consistent.
Jared Drake, The Tasting Room, Wellington
"Humitech Systems were installed and tested over several months as part of our Quality Control Management. I am pleased to report that our tests proved that the Humitech Systems tested in our pastry and seafood walk-in cold rooms:
- Reduced odours and hence air-borne bacteria
- Reduced moisture
- Added quality by reducing sweating on pastries, berries and chocolate
- Lowered the ambient temperature of the cold rooms
- Indications are that it will increase the life of our compressors
- It is logical that energy use will decrease
- Reduces fridge maintenance
- Has the potential of increasing the food life in the event of a power failure"
Danny Loone, Chief Engineer, Palazzo Versace, Gold Coast Australia
Since installing the Humitech panels, our cold room has fewer odours, the air is cleaner and all fruit, vegetables and other green leaf produce stays fresher and lasts longer, even though we buy fresh each day. Other products like meat, chicken, seafood, mushrooms, strawberries, blueberries and pastries appear to maintain maximum quality and the room always seems colder, clean and fresh. Lettuce is a lot crisper and fresher. The fridge has much less moisture and seems to run more efficiently.
Richard Burt, Ristorante Fellini, Gold Coast Australia
Book your FREE TRIAL today!
Providing you and your customers with better, fresher products
... ... reducing your costs - increasing your profits