HUMITECH filters are guaranteed to SAVE YOU MONEY in your cold storage!
24 Hours a Day -7 Days a Week … … and most importantly, with no effort required by you or your staff.
Supermarkets benefit from HUMITECH Refrigeration Filters in a number of different ways. By controlling the relative humidity and temperatures in Supermarket refrigeration equipment, we are able to maintain the freshness of perishables for longer and improve energy efficiency providing significant environmental and cost saving benefits.
The benefits Supermarkets and Grocers receive from the installation of HUMITECH Refrigeration Filters in their chillers and refrigerated cabinets include:
Butchery & Seafood Departments
- Increases the shelf life of meat, poultry, and seafood products, sealing in their natural juices and maintaining better quality, weight and visual appearance.
- Meats retain "bloom" better, discolouration is significantly reduced
- Significantly reduces shrinkage/weight loss on average by 60%.
- Eliminates meat sweating, drying and cracking.
- Seafood stays firmer and fresher for longer.
- Live Mussell Display - works to substantially reduce odours emitted from display cabinets.
- The natural juices are sealed in meat providing significant labour savings:
- reduces repackaging required in display cabinets, and
- blood drip-loss in walk-in chillers
- Refrigerated fruit and vegetables will ripen at a slower, more controlled rate.
- Freshness is retained in all types of produce for up to 50% longer, reducing wastage. Produce retains its freshness and crispness for significantly longer periods providing better quality, weight, and visual appearance for the consumer.
- Humitech filters quickly absorb a significant portion of ethylene gas released from fruit and vegetables, drastically reducing premature deterioration.
- Less time spent trimming, cleaning and replacing damaged fresh produce stock reducing lost/wasted labour time.
- Colder temperatures are consistently achieved
- Substantially reduces odours, moisture and surface bacteria. Excess moisture is all but eliminated from chiller surfaces, significantly reducing the growth rate of mould and bacteria.
- Reduces the risk of cross contamination from bacteria and the transfer of odours.
- Keeps food fresher up to 12 hours after a power cut or chiller motor failure.
Temperature Control & Energy Efficiency
- Improves temperature management by lowering temperatures and reducing temperature fluctuations.
- Improves energy efficiency, reducing chiller run-times by up to 16 hours per week and power consumption by up to 20%.
- Reduces compressor re-cycle rates by up to 50%
- Reduces icing on compressor coils and enables defrost cycles to be reduced by up to 50%.
- Reduces equipment stress proving savings in maintenance costs and increasing equipment life span.
- Reduces icing on compressor coils.
- Absorbs up to 99% of acetic acid gases, significantly reducing coil deterioration and increasing coil life expectancy. Acetic acid gases are mainly released into the chiller environment from sources such as vinaigrettes and cleaning chemicals.
- Improves the workplace by providing a safer, drier, and cleaner chiller environment.
The SECRET is
in the Mineral!
What our customers are saying!
At PAKnSAVE Royal Oak, we are always looking for new ideas, products, and ways to improve our business, product quality and the shopping experience for our customers. We arranged for Humitech's Humidity & Bacteria Control System to be installed on their FREE trial basis back in September 2005. Filters were installed in a number of different departments: butchery (both open display cabinet and walk-in chiller), seafood (live mussel display and walk-in chiller), deli (display cabinets), and dairy chiller (walk-in chiller accessed by shoppers).
All departments noticed huge improvements:
- Excess condensation has all but disappeared, meaning all chiller surfaces (floors, water, shelves, ceiling) are drier and fresher.
- Recorded temperatures are colder, improving the quality, freshness and appearance of perishables.
- The colder temperatures have helped to seal the meat juices and reduce shrinkage, meaning not only a better quality of product to our customer, but also significantly reduced re-packaging of pre-packed meats.
- Meat discolours at a hugely slower rate, we estimate a reduction of about 80%.
- Greatly reduced odours in all areas, showing that airbourne bacteria have been largely reduced.
- Chiller equipment is obviously running more efficiently as we don't have to contact our chiller technician as much. Operation cycles and chiller maintenance expenses have reduced.
We feel that the system has been a great initiative in maintaining freshness and quality, temperature of products, energy savings and preventative maintenance savings. We have no hesitation in recommending the Humitech system to others, we are very pleased with the results that we have experienced.
Margaret Balsom, PAKnSAVE Royal Oak
Book your FREE TRIAL today!
Providing you and your customers with better, fresher products
... ... reducing your costs - increasing your profits